Most Common Causes for Charging Port Damage on Your iPhone
完結2022/7/22 更新Most Common Causes for Charging Port Damage on Your iPhone／ sally総閲覧数(455) レビュー数(0) しおり数(0)
It’s easy to determine if your iPhone has been damaged by water. Depending on your phone’s model, you just need to look at the charging port for an iPhone 4 or the SIM card tray slot for iPhones 5, 6, and 7. There will be a little white tab there that turns red when your device has been damaged by water.
What to Do When Your Phone Is Dropped in Water
While iPhone water damage cheap phone parts repair is possible, there are some steps you’ll want to take immediately after you’ve dropped your iPhone in water. These steps include:
- Turn your phone off so it doesn’t short circuit.
- Take your case off so it doesn’t trap the water in.
- Use an absorbent towel to wipe your iPhone off including your charging port, SIM card tray, and headphone jack.
- Place your phone somewhere so that it can air dry for 48 to 72 hours.
Common Types of Water Damage
Water damage can cause several issues with your phone. How to fix a water-damaged iPhone will depend on which issue you’re dealing with. These issues include:
- Your iPhone may no longer turn on, either because it’s short-circuited or because some of the internal compounds have been damaged or corroded, compromising your phone’s circuits. Unfortunately, you’ll need to take your iPhone to a professional for iPhone water damage repair.
- When your iPhone will no longer charge after you’ve dropped it in water, there’s likely an issue with your charging port. This is more likely if the water entered your phone through the charging port. Since there are exposed electrical components here, it’s highly likely that it could become corroded or that your iPhone’s battery has become damaged. If this is the case, let the port dry before you plug your phone in so it doesn’t short circuit.
- Sometimes water will damage your screen, leaving dark spots or lines underneath the glass. You won’t know right away if the damage is permanent or will result in other issues, so you should turn your wholesale phone repair parts iPhone off and let it dry for as long as possible. While this may seem like an easy answer to how to fix a water damaged iPhone, you should know that it’s still possible for the circuitry to be damaged. Damaged circuits can lead to additional corrosion that will cause the screen to stop working. Take your iPhone to a professional to have it assessed and fix any problems.
- Your iPhone’s speakers may also be compromised if it gets wet, but sometimes it is challenging to know for sure if this is the problem or if there’s a bigger issue that’s gone unnoticed here. If you think that water is the issue, you’ll want to let your iPhone dry for as long as possible. Once you turn it back on again, take a few minutes to back up all of lg replacement parts your data before testing the speaker. If there’s water in your speaker, using it could short-circuit your phone. Once you’ve backed up your data, try to play a ringtone or some music. While this will help you determine if there’s an issue, check this last so that you don’t accidentally damage your phone even more.
For an iPhone damaged by water, call a professional for repairs. You don’t want to trust your phone and its repairs to just anyone. Take it to My Broken Phone and have it fixed as soon as possible.